Wednesday 15 February 2023

"Fall Head Over Heels for Murkage Dave's Sweet & Soulful Valentine's Day Compilation"

Valentine’s Day was made extra special this year with Murkage Dave’s “I Don’t Do Love Songs - A Valentines Compilation” project. The Leytonstone-born singer-songwriter has been on my radar for a while now, and this latest offering has cemented his place as one of my favourite artists.

The compilation consists of both new and old tracks, with each song showcasing Murkage Dave’s undeniable talent. I first discovered him at the release party for Manga Saint Hilare’s “Run For Your Life” album, where he delivered a captivating performance that left me wanting more.

One of the standout tracks on the project is “Put You on My Shoulders,” a sweet and tender love song that highlights Murkage Dave’s emotive voice. The stripped-back version of the track, which omits the Frankie Stew and Harvey Gunn feature, places the spotlight solely on his vocals and allows the listener to fully appreciate his storytelling ability.

Another standout track is “Big Man But I’m Shy,” which features one of my all-time favourite artists, Manga Saint Hilare. The song’s infectious beat had me dancing in my room, and Manga’s flow brought a calm and suave energy that perfectly complemented Murkage Dave’s vocals. Together, the two artists created a synergy that is hard to find in today’s music scene.

The project also features mysterious artist Mysterious Beanie on the song “I Had A Nice Time But I Won’t Be Back.” Her calming and ethereal voice perfectly complements Murkage Dave’s smooth and soulful vocals, and it is a shame that she only has a handful of songs.



Overall, Murkage Dave’s “I Don’t Do Love Songs - A Valentines Compilation” is a must-listen for fans of soulful singing and heartfelt storytelling. Murkage Dave’s voice is comforting and his ability to paint vivid pictures through his lyrics is truly impressive. I can’t wait to see what he has coming in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nick Knight: Shattering Boundaries and Defining Visual Artistry for Almost Half a Century

In the world of photography, it is challenging to find anyone more influential than Nick Knight . At 64 years old, Knight is a British "...